Wednesday, July 29, 2009

After some research...

Well... I have decided to run a game using the Supernatural roleplay game. I have in my head made up a few characters and have decided that I could handle all that.

The next step is to figure out what level to start the characters. If they are Rookies, they will not be all that great at the hunting thing. And seeing as this is a game about hunters... this can be a drawback. However, the game can start as a group of normal people that get thrown into this lifestyle and basically we can follow the progress as they deal with the world of the supernatural. Maybe using a basic urban legend as the first game session.

But there is something to be said for starting with a bit of experience in the hunting lifestyle. Well, at least less work for me anyway. Some of the players have (of course) expressed interest in having powers. Starting them at Veteran would allow for that in a very easy way.

This decision is crucial. I don't wanna start them too high (or too low) and then later regret it. I have seen what that can do to a GM. This calls for more thinking and perhaps some advise from those more experienced than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment